Taking part in helping with the construction of a new Habitat home is a great way to get involved! There is no experience necessary as we have a construction manager and job site assistant available to answer any questions you may have
Taking part in helping with the construction of a new Habitat home is a great way to get involved! There is no experience necessary as we have a construction manager and job site assistant available to answer any questions you may have. Volunteers do not install any roofing, electrical, plumbing, HVAC or anything that requires you to have a licensed contractor to do.
We have a great group of dedicated volunteers here at our Habitat also known as the “Core-Crew”. Many have been volunteering for years and love working alongside with the families and seeing the impact they help in making homeownership dreams a reality for them. If your looking to make a difference in our community and the lives of families, consider coming to Habitat Owensboro-Daviess County to see what you can do!
Construction Volunteer Policies
- Volunteers ages 16 and older are welcome to volunteer at the home build sites.
- Volunteers must complete our Volunteer Waiver form. Download the 2023 Release of Liability Form or by coming to the Affiliate Offices.
- Volunteers under age 18 must also have a Parent/Guardian signature on their waiver form and are not authorized to use any power tools, drive Habitat vehicles or climb ladders.
What to Expect as a Construction Volunteer
- New volunteers will have a brief orientation prior to starting any work.
- Closed toed shoes are required at the build sites.
- You may work alongside a Habitat partner family.
- We provide any safety equipment needed as well as the building materials, tools and site supervision. If you have your own hand tools, gloves or safety glasses, your welcome to bring those.
- Habitat will provide water, coffee and sports drinks while at the site.
- Dress accordingly! Remember this is KY weather and it may be hot or cold outside, so make sure to wear something comfortable but no loose clothing please.
Please note: An onsite build day will only be cancelled if the weather conditions or home build site are unsafe for volunteers and staff. If outside weather doesn’t allow for working at the site, the supervisor may opt to have some help back at the workshop.
Volunteering as a Group
If you have a church, employer, or community group that would like to get involved and host their own build day we have, please contact our Executive Director at HFHODV@gmail.com or email@example.com or 270-926-6110. We have Sponsorship Build Day Opportunities available throughout the year. Sign Up Today!
Don’t feel like you can work on a crew? Check out our other volunteer opportunities.